Welcome to The Ebell of Los Angeles Job Opportunities
OUR MISSION: The Ebell of Los Angeles (The Ebell) is an educational and philanthropic organization founded by women, for women in 1894. Our mission is to participate in and encourage the educational, cultural, and social growth of a diverse Los Angeles community, as well as conserve and protect our historic campus, grounds, collections and the Wilshire Ebell Theatre.
Current Positions Available
Ebell Banquet Server – Special Events Department (Full Time)
This position is responsible for effectively assisting food and beverage services and aiding in the overall logistics of the banquet events by way of set-up, clear communication/ teamwork, while maintaining the company’s standard for excellence.
Qualifications: (Flexible & Adjustable Schedule) The successful candidate will be proactive, practice reliability, accountability, be customer focused, detail and solution oriented while striving to provide exceptional customer service.
- Well-groomed appearance and good hygiene • Pleasant Communication Skills • Pleasant, professional, outgoing personality • Reliable Transportation • always Follow Health and Safety practices / Safe-serv
- Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures. • Maintain sense of urgency when on the service floor.
- Lift and carry banquet serving trays which can weigh up to 25 lbs
- Serve guests in a variety of settings including crowded areas which require agility / accommodating to all guests while circulating the room.
- Anticipating the needs of the guests and responding politely to their requests.
- Responsibilities: includes but are not limited to:
- Maintain a professional appearance and mannerism.
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of tables, linens, chairs, etc., for full service of banquet events.
- Polish flatware and glassware to remove all visible water spots and ensure cleanliness.
- Provide excellent food and beverage service for banquet/special events.
- Maintain (BOH) back of the house, (FOH)front of the house and side work duties for overall productivity of banquet events.
- Maintain positive and professional attitude.
- Complete other assigned duties
- Maintain clear and open communication between all staff members for overall event success.
- Seek counsel from management when needed.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
COVID-19 considerations: Candidates must be up to date on vaccinations and boosters.
CANDIDATES ONLY/NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. Contact us here.